Image

New post by Mon on July 17, 2017 at 05:35PM

#InsightOfTheDay : A study by AC Nielsen “Sanitary Protection: Every Woman’s Health Right” reveals that only 12% of India’s 355 million women use sanitary napkins. This leaves over 88% of women resort to shocking alternatives like un-sanitized cloth, ashes, newspapers, sand husks and dried leaves simply because they cannot afford the more comfortable AND safer option.

Instead of solving the problem, Government of India has put Sanitary Pads in the 12% GST slab. What is funny though is Sindoor, Bangles and Bindi are the first to be exempted in the new tax system while condoms remain tax-free in India. Going by the logic, you can be happily married, can ‘adult’ safely but have to risk your early development years as a female. I mean seriously?! But this is not to say there is practically a country where female hygiene products are tax-free. Kenya puts a 0% tax rate on Sanitary Pads but the raw materials are taxed. Canada has tax free menstruation products but tampons are indirectly taxed with a small percentage.

#didyouknow #femalehygiene #menstruation #periods #reproductivehealth #feminineproducts #india #sanitarypads #affordability #lahukalagaan #taxonblood #kenya #canada #taxfreeperiods #genderissues #insights #marketing #branding #strategy #digital #online #socialmedia #smm #design #advertising #storytelling #technology #analytics #TheDigitalSavvy
via Instagram by @thedigitalsavvy

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s